Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 11: Sick with a sick kid

I'm sick... and my son is sick. Rolling out of bed with a sore throat and congestion isn't half as hard as rolling out of bed to take care of someone else that is sick too. Consoling when you want to be consoled, getting up and cooking when you wish you could have breakfast in bed, and getting up in the middle of the night to check for a fever when you, yourself have the chills and need rest... it's exhausting. But, no matter how sick I feel, I never lose that maternal instinct. Somehow, strength is conjured up when I feel my weakest, and I'm able to take care of him, because I know deep down that he is completely dependent upon me to get through the illness. I believe the strength comes from my love for him, proving once again that love conquers all.

No comments:

Post a Comment