Saturday, August 22, 2009

Day 3: Content Yet Not Satisfied

MANY men from different aspects of my life have told me that I’m intimidating. My boss, friends, men that I’ve dated… they all agree that something about me is intimidating and makes them feel like they need to “bring their A game” to be with me.

I’ve been told that I’m, “a good catch,” “the whole package,” and “have every quality in a woman that a man’s looking for.” Really?! Because I’m single, and I have been for a while now. Can it be that I’m truly that intimidating to men? Do I make them doubt themselves? What’s going on here?

At this point, I can’t blame every man out there, I’ve got to look inside myself and see what’s causing the same results over and over. The result being that I don’t have a partner. A special someone in my life to snuggle up and watch a movie with; go do things together and talk about our individual perceptions of it afterwards, cook a new recipe together, and when it turns out terribly, order a pizza together. See? No “A Game” needed! But, maybe I’m missing something here. I think it’s the perception of me that’s intimidating and not the real me. Here’s what I’ve been told is intimidating about me:

My education. I have a Bachelor’s in Marketing and an MBA.
My physical being. I’ve been told I’m attractive and in shape.
My profession. I’m a professional, young woman, and I’m passionate about my career.
The way I carry myself. I’m not sure the details here, but I keep hearing that I carry myself really well.

It’s frustrating to me, no – VERY frustrating to me, to hear these compliments over and over and over, only to come home to an empty house. I’m trying not to dwell in it, but obviously since the issue came up into my blog, then I guess I am dwelling in it. My strategy right now is to just keep doing what I like to do anyway, with the hopes that it will all fall into place naturally. I am content with my “single life” situation, but I’m not satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment